Entries Now Open!
The New Zealand Event Awards recognise and promote excellence within the events sector.
The New Zealand Event Awards commend all types and sizes of events and exhibitions as well as the best of the best event organisers and organisations. Entering is simple and judging is by an independent panel of industry professionals. The Awards are owned and administered by the New Zealand Events Association (NZEA). NZEA will act administratively only and is not involved in the judging process.
Be recognised amongst your peers and industry. Submit your entry and be rewarded for your professionalism while opening doors to new opportunities.
Entries open from 1 June 2017. Check out the details below or click here to register now.
Click on each category to view the criteria
- Event Professional of the Year
- Emerging Event Professional of the Year
- Best Community Event of the Year
- Best Regional Event of the Year
- Best National Event of the Year
- Best International Event of the Year
- Best Industry Supplier for an Event
- New Zealand’s Favourite Event
New for 2017:
- Best Business Event of the Year
- Event Sponsorship Professional of the Year
- Best CSR or Community Event Sponsorship of the Year
- Best Arts or Cultural Event Sponsorship of the Year
- Best Sports Event Sponsorship of the Year
All events or exhibitions entered for the New Zealand Event Awards must have taken place (either started or concluded) between 1 March 2016 and 31 March 2017 inclusive (13 months).
Awards Entry Pricing:
- NZEA Member Award Category Submission $95.00 +GST
- Non-Member Award Category Submission $195.00 +GST
- Non-Member Award Category Submission plus NZEA membership for up to six staff $425.00 +GST
- Additional Award Categories can be entered at $50.00 +GST each (please ensure you answer the relevant questions for the new category with a separate submission)
How to enter:
1. Choose a Category and Register
Regardless of your role within the New Zealand events industry, there is a category to suit you. The only challenge is to choose the category that gives you the best chance of success.
Online registration will open from 1 June 2017. Once registered, you will be emailed the relevant template/s to begin your entry/ies. Register early, so you have plenty of time to work on your submission.
2. Start your entry
If you do not receive your entry template within 24 hours of registering, please email email@example.com.
The best advice is to start your entry early so that you can continue to refine your submission prior to the deadline date. Just make sure you register the entry and pay well in advance of deadline to ensure your entry is valid.
3. Submit your entry
You need to email your completed entry on the required template to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10.00am on Monday, 31 July 2017. This is what will be submitted to the judges as your final entry. You are also required to send a printed paper copy of your entry, including images, to:
New Zealand Event Awards
C/-NZ Events Association
PO Box 3798
4. Submit your supplementary material
Supplementary material includes any images or edited video that you feel will help the judges to assess your entries. You can include up to five images. Please note that supplementary material will not be returned after the judging process.
5. Payment details
When you enter your registration details on the NZEA website, an invoice will be generated and emailed to you. This can be paid via direct debit to the NZEA bank account or online via Paypal. Please ensure your entry invoice is paid by 10am, 31 July 2017 for your entry to be valid.